Call for proposals to organise ICTAC 2020
Principles and Procedure
The event takes place every year in a developing country. Each conference attracts between 50 and 100 participants from all over the world. We now invite proposals from any group or institution wishing to host this event. The priority is for the event to be located in a developing country. It usually combines a regular scientific conference with related activities such as tutorials and a summer school. Innovation in the format and content is encouraged.
Proposals will be evaluated by the ICTAC steering committee.
Proposal Format and Submission
Proposals should be no more than four pages in length and should contain:
- Brief description of why the event is of interest to the proposer.
- Vision for the event, including its aims, the expected format and scale.
- An estimation of expected attendance, based, for example, on presence of a local community in the area and costs of travel to various parts of the world and local expenses.
- A description of the relevant qualifications and experience of the proposers, especially regarding conference organisation logistics.
- A description of the facilities that will be available for the event and to support the organizers.
- The contact information of the proposed organising committee. Please, note that the choice of a PC chair will be subject to later discussion with the Steering Committee and should not be part of this proposal.
Please send your proposal (in PDF format) and any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of proposals: 31 January, 2019
Notification of results: 28 February, 2019